There is nothing more annoying than being received in the morning by an acid drain. Even without a clutter, a drain can sometimes smell bitter. Although there are products on the market to clean a bitter drain, you can also use items that probably already have to eliminate odor leakage.
Heat from a pot of water on the stove. The water can get to boil or just be very hot.
- Insert hot water through the drain to remove debris. Pour slowly until the water does not splash and burn.
- Radium 1/2 cup of baking soda for the bitter odor of drain.
- Radius 1/2 cup vinegar down the drain. The mixture will start to bubble up which is normal. If you do not have distilled white vinegar, use the juice of a lemon. If you do not have vinegar or lemon in hand, stick it right with the baking soda.
- Leave to sit mixture for 10 minutes.
- Insert warm tap water through the drain to wash away the baking soda mixture. If the drain still smells sour, repeat the process.
Tips & Warnings
- Before pouring old boxes of baking soda into the trash, pour the contents down the drain with running water to deodorize the drain.
- To deodorize a setup, make ice cubes of vinegar and mix to those in the setup while the water runs.