There is hair covering the bathroom sink, kitchen sink is full of water – it has a clogged drain.
Many people come up with toxic and dangerous chemicals to help burn through what is obstructing drainage. Fortunately, such chemicals are not necessary and are often not yet effective. Learn here How to erase that blocked drain.
- First step is to clean the area immediately around the sink or plumbing catch that is clogged. Move furniture, towels, dishes, everything. This could get dirty!
- Remove the accumulated water by transfer to the toilet, tub or sink of another. Clean the sink of what is immediately visible.
- Use the plunger to check for loose material. Many times there are items in the drain that will happen if you re-tighten.
- If the plunger does not clean the drain, remove the drain snake. Start winding down the drain. If you feel pressure to continue slowly, let it work its way into the material that clogs the drain.
- Pull the snake drain out and remove hair, toilet paper, material that has been obstructing drainage. You most likely will not get the first time.
- Repeat the snake passage from the drain until no more material is pulled out of the sink.
- You cannot get anything out of the drain. Try it to make sure that the water passes through it / or that it performs the discharge.
- If the blocked drain is a sink, install a sink guard or hair to prevent materials that may clog down.
- To maintain a clear and free of sink obstructions, clean regularly with baking soda and vinegar followed by boiling water.
- Radio 1/4 cup of bicarbonate down the drain. Follow with a cup of distilled white vinegar. Allows the chemical reaction between two will take place (see the volcano!). Let stand for 2 minutes. Follow with 1/2 gallon of boiling water. All waste from the drain side is cleaned.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not put anything in the garbage disposal. The least food you put in the kitchen sink, easy to care for and cleaner will be. Compost food remains and the sink does not smell like a trash can.
- Wash the toilet after using small amounts of toilet paper. If you use a lot, rinse several times to avoid clogging the drain.
- Download anything besides toilet paper down the drain. It is easier to throw away a clogged drain.
- Be sure to thoroughly clean all equipment and surfaces after cleaning the drain.
- Keep the snake away from children.
- Be careful during the transfer of boiling water from one point to another.